Completed Scrambler Therapy Clinical Studies, Clinical Trials in Progress and Related News
"There are now more than 60 scrambler therapy (or Calmare, 1 trade name) citations listed in PubMed, including successful randomized trials. It is used extensively in the military with good success, especially with neuropathic pain and at experienced pain management centers." Mayo Clinic Proceedings (2021) https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(21)00250-0/fulltext
- Randomized Trial of Scrambler Therapy for Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy: Crossover Analysis (2020)
- Mayo Clinic – CRPS
- Moving Beyond a Painful Decade – New Technology Offers Respite From Debilitating Leg Pain
- Breaking Away From Pain With the Help of ‘The Scrambler’
- Sidelined No More – Scrambler Therapy Puts Tess Wilson Back in Action
- Johns Hopkins University: "Scrambler Therapy Can Yield Significant Pain Relief for Approximately 80%-90% of Patients"
- Johns Hopkins University (2022): The Use of Scrambler Therapy in Treating Chronic Pain Syndromes: A Systematic Review
- The Efficacy of Scrambler Therapy for the Management of Head, Neck and Thoracic Cancer Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Scrambler therapy efficacy and safety for neuropathic pain correlated with chemotherapy‐induced peripheral neuropathy in adolescents
- Controlled Trial
- Scrambler therapy for chemotherapy neuropathy: a randomized phase II pilot trial
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing (low back pain)
- Chronic pain treatment and scrambler therapy: a multicenter retrospective analysis
- Scrambler therapy improves pain in neuromyelitis optica
Some of the largest reviews and reports indicate that 10 to 20% of patients have no analgesic response to scrambler therapy, whereas approximately 80 to 90% have a favorable response."
- Scrambler therapy for incident pain in bone metastases (2021)
- Treatment of Postherpetic Pain With Scrambler Therapy, a Patient-Specific Neurocutaneous Electrical Stimulation Device (2019)
- Medscape (WebMD) reports on new cancer pain (CIPN) clinical trial outcome
- American Society of Clinical Oncology – PHN
- MD Anderson Cancer Center – Scrambler Therapy to Treat Pain
- Calmare Therapy – An Innovative Pain Treatment: What Is It?