May 19, 2020
We are delighted to announce we have re-opened our Calmare clinic here in NJ after implementing several new safety and social distancing precautions:
- Dr. Cooney is undergoing regular COVID testing.
- The doctor and all patients have their temperatures taken before every treatment.
- We are treating patients one-at-a-time only.
- Unless patients are mobility-challenged, we ask that family/friends remain outside the clinic.
- Clear partitions installed between patients/administrative staff.
- Socially-distanced seating in waiting room.
- Everyone, including patients, wearing masks and gloves at all times.
- Continuous deep-sanitizing before and after every patient.
- Hand sanitizer available in every room and at clinic entrance/exit.
New Calmare Patients
If you are interested in pursuing Calmare Therapy for chronic nerve pain, please reach out to schedule your no-fee phone or video consultation with Dr. Cooney by calling (201) 933-4440 or email us at email@example.com.
Calmare scrambler therapy is not right for everyone and we will not recommend this therapy for you if the doctor does not feel there is a strong possibility for significant pain relief, elimination of pain, markedly improved mobility or a significant improvement in quality of life.
We are now booking patients seeking one or more booster treatments beginning in June.
Depending on the severity of the original neuropathic pain condition, and the length of time the patient has been experiencing chronic pain, periodic booster treatments may be required to reduce any return of pain.
While some Calmare patients never require further treatment, some patients benefit from booster therapy as needed.
Feel free to speak with Dr. Cooney if you have experienced a resumption of pain to discuss next steps.
Previously Scheduled Patients
We are individually contacting patients and families that we were unable to treat due to the onset of the novel coronavirus in March. If you have not received a call to schedule your therapy for a future date, please call our team at (201) 933-4440.
Note that we are offering priority dates to previously confirmed patients and those traveling from outside the US.
Travel and Lodging Arrangements
For patients traveling outside the metro New York City area, please check with your preferred hotel and ensure they are fully operational to meet your needs.
We thank you for weathering the COVID-19 storm with us, but pain waits for no one.
With care and a focus on patient safety, we could not be more elated to get back to the work we do.
Our war on medication and treatment-resident neuropathy is back on.
Wishing you a low-pain day.