October 8, 2015
By Dr. Michael J. Cooney, Clinical Director, Calmare Therapy New Jersey
It’s a good thing when I can’t recall how many patients we have treated using Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment since we began offering this revolutionary device in 2011.
Suffice it to say, we have welcomed many people with several different neuropathic conditions–pain after chemotherapy, post-surgical pain, diseases including Shingles, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Myofacial pain–from around the corner here in Bergen County, NJ to as far away as South Africa and Australia.
Once we mutually determine that Calmare may be a viable treatment option for pain and symptom reduction, it’s time to prepare to begin the 10-series treatment protocol.
Patients and families always ask us how to optimally prepare for the upcoming treatments–a very good question.
I thought this would be useful information to share with our blog readers as well.
Dr. Cooney’s Tips and Tools to Prepare for Your Calmare Therapy:
- Send us or bring any objective tests ( X-rays, EEG, MRI, EMG or cat scans) for our pre-treatment study).
- Wean off as many medications as possible–in partnership with your prescribing doctor/s. (Note: Each patient case is different. We’ll talk with you about your specific medication protocol and how best to address this issue.)
- Do not use any skin lotions 24-hours before each treatment.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring some hand-held entertainment to occupy you during each treatment, which lasts about 35 minutes.
- Fill out the Calmare NJ New Patient Forms in advance to save time once you arrive.
- Don’t be nervous! The treatments are painless.
We are a positive and spirited team (as we hope you have heard!) and will be 100% sure to make you feel as comfortable as possible from your first visit to your last.
Would you like to talk with us about your chronic pain condition?
Just fill out the information below: